SRE - Software Release Engineer III at GHX
As an effective change agent of Change Control Management, the Software Release Engineer will help organize and coordinate software deployments for multiple software delivery teams while upholding Change Control Management practices and policy. As a Site Reliability Engineer, the Software Release Engineer will administrate and leverage CI/CD practices to aid software delivery teams towards robust automation solutions in cloud-based environments. Tasks include maintaining healthy relationships with members of software development and delivery, infrastructure and operational teams, administration of intellectual property and configuration management, deployment coordination, software pipeline tool administration, automation solution development, documentation and communication of change and change policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and oversight of software packaging and deployment to production and non-production environments.
- May conduct code deployments to production and non-production environments as scheduled.
- Administer Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or cloud-based provisioning and delivery solutions.
- Responsible for software asset/artifact repository and source code repository management and administration.
- Responsible for script/software automation for software configuration management tasks.
- Provide support and resolution of configuration problems that may occur during the software deployments.
- Work with cross functional product delivery teams to clearly understand, communicate, and document changes with each software deployment activity.
- Participates in project planning of change management tasks, in alignment with software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for creation and administration of Change Control Management change acceptance, policies, process and standards documentation.
- Administer regulatory compliance; develop and conduct internal software audits.
- 3+ years of Software Configuration Management experience surrounding release management.
- HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with “Maven” based Repository Management technology (JFrog Artifactory, Sonatype Nexus, Archiva, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Proven experience working with continuous integration environment and tools (ex: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Maven, GIT, Chef, Puppet…)
- Proven ability to function within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Windows and Unix OS proficiency.
- Scripting experience with Unix and/or Windows, and any Maven, Ant, Python, Perl experience is ideal.
- Experience with developing software release automation solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures.
- Familiarity with ITIL or MOF Software and Change Management concepts (desired)
- Familiarity with Oracle/SQL Server and RDBMS concepts (desired)
- Familiarity with ClearCase or other change management tools (desired)
- Able to effectively influence and negotiate successful outcomes
Estimated Salary range for this position: $69,300- $96,600
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.