Sr Staff Software Engineer
DigitalGlobe has an immediate opening within the Geospatial Cloud Services organization in Westminster, Colorado. The Sr Staff Java Developer will be responsible for development and maintenance of complex, customer facing web platform in addition to individual work as part of an existing scrum team while participating in all team ceremonies.
- Research, evaluate, design, develop, implement, and improve state-of-the-art software in collaboration with a team of software developers, software testers, system engineers, DBA’s, IT and network personnel.
- Communicate effectively with multidisciplinary team and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- Ensure sound software development process that is heavily test and user driven.
- Serve as a mentor and a senior level driver of software development best practices, including software testing and architectural design.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters Degree Preferred)
- Desired degrees: Geography, Geographic information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Geosciences, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Photogrammetry, or a related field.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with web and/or geospatial programming, design, and development
- Development experience with object-oriented programming in Java
- Significant development experience with current frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap)
- Experience working as a software developer in an Agile environment
- United States citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Development experience with open-source geospatial software (e.g. GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, OGC, etc)
- Development experience with AWS and related technologies
- Knowledge of multi-tier, heterogeneous architectures and how they typically fit together
- Understanding of what it takes to keep a high-availability software platform healthy
- Tremendous Organization and Communication skills
- Experienced with and within Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP teams
- Knowledge of sound Agile Engineering Practices (TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-enabled web services
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.