Sr Software Engineer at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Design, develop, modify, enhance and implement software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a mastery of development tools. Perform maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Code, test, debug, and enhance software.
- Write programs according to specifications, and define specifications for complex programs.
- Monitor and repair critical systems on an as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Serve as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborate with internal customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Provide system users and management with system analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Identify and recommend system design/requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Implement, monitor, test, and audit new software programs to maximize efficiency of software systems.
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes and/or standards.
- Coordinate with technical teams to analyze and resolve software related problems causing operational difficulties, advising on specialized features and functions.
- Maximize the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Follow established configuration/change control processes.
- Collaborate with customers and internal/external technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Works with team evaluate workload.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, or similar technologies.
- Extensive experience with open source and commercial RDMS and NoSQL databases and MQ technologies.
- Extensive experience working with DevOps engineers to build and deploy infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies.
- Extensive Understanding of Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with monitoring technologies (BigBrother, Hobbit, Solar Winds, NetCool).
- Experience with programming languages (Java, Python).
- Experience with building APIs and services using prevailing design models (REST, SOAP).
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Shell).
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with build automation technologies (Team City, Jenkins).
- Experience with software security principles and patterns.
- Experience with cloud solution providers (Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform).
- Ability to collaborate with and contribute to a common culture of excellence.
- Strong understanding of AWS.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Must be capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Big Brother, Hobbit, Solar Winds, NetCool, etc.
- Experience with Java, Python or similar programming languages.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Must have experience with Perl, Shell or similar scripting languages.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
5 years of IT Experience
5 years of Experience with Software Development Methodologies
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
ESW325 327194 327194BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $85,900.00 to $152,300.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.