Sr. Software Engineer, Embedded - T-Mobile H&E
The Home and Entertainment Division of T-Mobile is the next phase in T-Mobile's Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation cable provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together they will be launching a disruptive new TV service in 2018 and We are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good!
This fast-paced group is seeking self-motivated, go getter Software Embedded Engineers who will be responsible for creating Linux-based operating systems and embedded video applications that power Layer3 TV's next-generation cable service. This individual will be developing the firmware on our consumer Set-Top-Box (STB) and these systems and applications exploit the tremendous potential of our remote controls and users' own mobile devices.
Day to day responsibilities would include (not limited to) performing Root-causing production issues with the set-top-box and bug fixing, implementing new product features and maintaining the set-top-box operating system, platform, and video stack.
- Strong C/C++ skills
- 5+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Knowledge of all aspects of Linux architecture and development, from drivers and hardware interfaces, up through application layers: Designing, developing, debugging and deploying Linux on embedded hardware platforms
- Experience creating and implementing automated tests at the unit, integration and performance levels
- Knowledge of media content compression methods such as MPEG-2, AVC, HEVC
- Experience with remote software updates, version control and dependencies
- Knowledge of media management and playback, especially as it relates to linear and online video
- Strong software development processes and configuration management
Nice to have Skills:
- STB ( Set Top Box) Software frameworks, such as RDK are a plus
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as Ethernet, MoCA, IPv4 and IPv6, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP(S)
- Experience with System on Chip (SoC) solutions from vendors such as Broadcom, Intel, Entropic and others
- Adaptive streaming technologies such as HTTP Live Streaming, HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and MPEG-DASH
- Content Protection such as HDCP, DTCP/IP, MSFT PlayReady, Verimatrix, Widevine
- Streaming technologies such as HTTP Progressive Download and RTP/RTSP, DLNA HTTP
- DOCSIS 2.0/3.0; service flow, channel bonding
- Solid understanding of API design and maintenance
- Understanding of security fundamentals such as PKI, encryption, and hardware security
BS degree or higher in CS, Computer Engineering, or a related field
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.