Sr. Server Engineer at Rachio
About this Opportunity
Rachio has built the category defining and leading connected irrigation controller for consumers that is revolutionizing how people interact with their landscapes. It helps consumers save time and money, most importantly, as a result of sustainably using one of our most precious resources, water. We’re looking for a talented server side engineer that is excited about the Internet of Things (IoT) space and using new technologies to power current and future products. This is the opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that is building technology that bridges software to the physical world.
- Continue to enhance, innovate, and maintain micro-service architecture
- Work with product manager on feature backlog
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
Requirements and Skills
- Solid programming experience including common design patterns, data structures and object-oriented principles utilizing JVM languages (Java 7 and/or Java 8 prefered).
- Proficient in system design, concurrency, and architecture (particularly with service-oriented architectures, performance, distributed systems, and scalability)
- Experience with Tomcat/Jetty, Spring/Dropwizard, and JPA/Hibernate/jDBI
- Interest in reactive & functional programming
- Relational and NoSQL database experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced agile development
- Familiarity with devops and Amazon Web Services
- Highly proficient in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with continuous deployment, test automation, and test-driven development practices (JUnit and/or TestNG)
- Familiarity with either Gradle or Maven for development and deployment (semantic versioning, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Rachio covers 100% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for the following insurance plans
- United Health Care PPO 1000 plan
- Aetna Dental 100 Group
- Aetna EyeMed Group Insurance.
- We have a variety of other plans to choose from. However, if you select a plan with a higher premium you would be responsible for covering the difference in cost.
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Dog-friendly office
- Rooftop deck and
- Healthy snacks
- Desirable location near Larimer Square, with easy access to Cherry Creek Trail, Colorado Convention Center light rail station, Union Station, restaurants and more.
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers, wireless flow meter and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved 35 billion gallons of water - and counting.
Rachio is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.