Sr. QA Engineer
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will utilize automated and manual testing techniques to ensure the quality and stability of Payfone’s suite of mobile identity certainty APIs. You'll work closely with all members of the software development team to ensure functional and business logic meet the agreed upon project requirements. This position requires a well-rounded understanding of various testing disciplines, technology, and manual testing.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the Quality Assurance team, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is expected to:
- Collaborate with the Scrum team and Product Owner to fully understand user stories, clarify acceptance criteria, and provide story points and task estimates.
- Evaluate software applications from an end-user perspective to affirm the value of the features and functions that will be delivered.
- Maintain a broad view of all products and projects, their integration points, and how those could impact other APIs, services, and databases.
- Create and execute detailed tests, focusing on user behaviors and attempting to break the software.
- Identify, isolate, and replicate any potential quality issues, defects, and acceptance criteria non-compliance.
- Coordinate with team members to determine root cause of defects.
- Thoroughly document and track all defects, and verify fixes across various products, platforms, and releases.
- Actively participate in software releases and assist Operations with Production system support.
- Align with and support established software testing methodologies, the Scrum framework, and Agile principles.
- Mentor and coach team members in technical knowledge and understanding the test environments, system infrastructure, and application architecture.
- Stay current with the latest advancements in software development, new and upcoming technologies, industry trends, and strive to continually improve personal technical and analytical skills.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control functions while participating in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience. All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Extensive experience testing APIs on a variety of mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Ability to read and comprehend log file outputs, debug console messages, and database errors.
- Experience with a variety of test tools such as SoapUI, Postman, JMeter.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat) and the Microsoft suite of products (Windows 7, Windows 10, Office, Outlook).
- Excellent active listening skills, strong communication skills, confident presentation demeanor, and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and maintain relationships.
- Enthusiastic investigative and problem-solving skills, including the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot application issues.
- Willingness to speak up in Scrum ceremonies and discuss risks, quality issues, and product concerns.
- Independent worker who can balance planned sprint work with ad-hoc requests from teammates.
In today’s world, it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York.
Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.