Sr. .Net Software Engineer
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
As a Software Engineer at Worldpay you will work on our payment processing platforms. You will be fully integrated into a development team where we are continuously trying to grow and improve both as a team and as individuals. You will work in a fast moving environment where we are continuously integrating code to be tested and deployed. You will be working on a very talented and skilled development team that is passionate about the payment industry, software development best practices, testing and automation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- In this position you will be responsible for application architecture, implementation (including the database), code optimization and technical development for web applications using the above technologies in addition:
- Participate end to end in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, analysis, solution design (UML), development, code reviews, testing and implementation using Agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD & XP)
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and overall direction of our product platforms
- Work with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing systems
- Communicate project status and deliverables between several stakeholders including product managers, project managers and engineers.
- Review the UI and API designs of your peers, as well as fix bugs and troubleshoot operational issues as they occur.
A few of the exciting technologies we work with include:
- .NET 4.5, ASP .NET, C#, ServiceStack
- HTML and CSS
- AngularJS and Syncfusion controls
- Application Lifecycle Management with Team Foundation Server 2013
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012
- Visual Studio 2013
- Web Services (XML, REST, SOAP, SOA, WCF)
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in related field is preferred, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work on different technologies based on market trends and needs
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Our developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and will need excellent interpersonal skills.