Sr. DevOps Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team. You'll work closely with data engineers/architects, performance/platform engineers, and application developers/architects to ensure that the end product is a high-performing, highly available, and secure platform that our customers trust. You'll be responsible for the full deployment, infrastructure automation, system monitoring, designing, and developing tools/applications for code building, deployment, and release management.
And you’ll work on a great team with excellent benefits.
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are an experienced DevOps engineer - you ideally have 3-7 years of professional experience
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud service provider experience
- Serverless architecture, preferably Google Cloud Functions
- Solid CI/CD experience, preferably with declarative pipelines
- Experience in operating and supporting scalable microservice/distributed architectures
- 3+ years of building and managing core infrastructure using tools such as Terraform
- Demonstrable experience writing scripts in Python, Bash, or Go in support of developer workflows
- Application of industry security best practices to application and system development
- 3+ years experience with software-defined networking
- Experience working with large data sets in Cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of containerization and orchestration, preferably Kubernetes
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Experience in polyglot environments working with many engineering teams deploying varied workloads
- Experience with ETLs and data pipelines
- Automation of multi-step repetitive tasks
- You work on the command line confidently and are familiar with all the goodies that the Linux toolkit can provide
- You are a Git guru and revel in collaborative workflows
- Experience providing a self-service tool to a large community of developers
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.