Sr. Developer, Community at Alteryx, Inc.
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
Alteryx is seeking a tech-savvy, senior front-end developer that specializes in online community platforms and front-end web technologies to continue building out Alteryx Community. You will be responsible for developing new and improving existing user-facing features, mentoring non-senior developer staff, defining code convention, building reusable code and optimizing the platform to maximum scalability. You will work with other team members and stakeholders, taking an active role on how the community platform looks as well as how it works. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, highly task-oriented developer and passionate about the Alteryx brand and the experience of our associates and customers.
- Work with existing Community Platform team to deliver new customizations, improvements to existing work, and bug fixes based on requirements over rolling six-week development cycles
- Lead efforts around organizing and documenting all customization work after each release in an easy to understand and maintainable fashion
- Be on point to deploy and fix any high priority code defects, and to conduct QA testing before/after each major release
- Mentor and build the skills of other developers on the team, setting coding convention and optimizing/refactoring code where necessary
- Follow and implement work based on the industry accepted best practices and tools, meeting modern development standards
- 4+ years of experience in working with two of the following areas: Apache Freemarker, REST-Based APIs, Angular, UI/UX, Responsive Web Design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, under pressure environment, and able to prioritize and deliver on multiple committed tasks during each release cycle
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Ability to be both a self-starter as well as thrive in a highly team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Interest in learning the Alteryx Platform
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Alteryx is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodology systems such as Kanban or Scrum
- Familiarity with integrating with cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, Lambda
- Familiarity with C# or Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) a plus
- Experience with Lithium/Khoros Community platform a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development, or related
- Multi-lingual is a plus (French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, Italian)