Please review the job details below.
DigitalGlobe is offering a Spacecraft Engineer position within the Spacecraft Engineering team. The Spacecraft Engineering team is responsible for the health and safety, performance optimization, and anomaly resolution of DigitalGlobe’s spacecraft constellation. The team also supports design, development, integration, and testing of DigitalGlobe’s next generation spacecraft.
- Support spacecraft operations by maintaining spacecraft health and safety, optimizing performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
- Develop and maintain tools and methods to trend spacecraft health and performance metrics.
- Develop/refine concept of operations to meet evolving mission demands.
- Define spacecraft anomaly resolution processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot/resolve/document spacecraft anomalies.
- Support design, development, integration, and testing of next generation spacecraft.
- Define, review, and verify spacecraft requirements.
- Attend vendor design reviews.
- Participate in clean-room integration and testing activities.
- Support launch and early operations of spacecraft.
- Develop and test command procedures and telemetry screens.
- Define/validate concept of operations.
- Assist in development and testing of spacecraft commissioning plans.
- Assist in the development of and participate in Launch and Mission rehearsals.
- Support other DigitalGlobe business segments.
- Provide detailed knowledge of spacecraft operations and spacecraft operational capabilities.
- Assist in ground software requirement definition, review, and verification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics
- 3 - 5 years professional experience
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- Experience as a spacecraft systems engineer or subsystem engineer
- Strong and innovative computer language skills.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, MATLAB/Simulink, Python, and Github all highly desired.
- Excellent written & oral communicator.
- Spacecraft operations experience.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Calm disposition in stressful situations
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.