Solutions Engineer at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a highly skilled Solutions Engineer to share responsibility for growing revenue by delivering highly technical professional services. The Solutions Engineer helps clients define technical architectures, specifications and requirements to address their business goals. The Solutions Engineer scopes, develops and delivers complete solutions, and may also provide technology training and presentations to both technical and management-level audiences.
- Customer Meetings and Meeting Preparation: Attends customer architecture and service scoping meetings in person and via the phone. Prepares technical solution proposals and presentations as a product and industry technical subject matter expert.
- Customer Solution Development: Collects required customer input to architect and scope implementation strategies and deliverables based on deep knowledge of our products and customer’s business goals. Adept at documenting technology solutions in precise detail.
- Customer Solution Delivery: Designs, creates and delivers custom solutions against detailed SOW documents. Works with partners to integrate products or creates custom code where necessary to deliver the final solution.
- External Training: Presents training for customers technical aspects of company products and industry technology.
- Customer Advocate: acts as customer advocate as necessary for service delivery activities.
- Process Improvement: Utilizes expertise developed in executing the above duties to help streamline and improve service delivery process. Responsible for regularly recommending improvements to management team. Outlines changes needed to the process, products, and pricing based on the requirements.
Experience we’d love you to have:
- Communication: Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to understand customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements. Ability to translate ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level customer technical staff.
- Technical skills: Knowledge of Wowza Products, Services and SDKs. Experience with Wowza implementations and APIs. Working knowledge of Java or other high level language is desired.
- Industry Skills: Understanding of Streaming, Content Delivery, and the architecture of highly scalable streaming solutions; technical terminology related to the streaming industry and understanding of key industry trends
- Problem Solving: Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Must be able to learn new technologies and industries.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Business Acumen: Must have intermediate understanding of company financial measures.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.