Software Test Engineer
Are you a mission driven technologist? At HomeAdvisor we invent the technologies and build the tools to nurture small businesses. We are a two-sided marketplace that seeks to seamlessly connect service providers with homeowners. We support the independent skilled professionals while eliminating the fatigue and pain of home renovation for the homeowner. As #1 in our category, we are relentless in our pursuit to build state-of-the art technologies as well as a world class technology team.
We are seeking an eager and driven Software Test Engineer to join our dedicated and passionate software delivery teams in sunny Denver, CO! Come join and build a team committed to building, designing and implementing robust systems for catching software bugs automatically before they reach our 100M+ customers.
Every application you work on will directly impact the quality and performance of how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You will be a part of a software delivery team and will be responsible for test planning and execution, writing automated test cases and scripts, building automated regression coverage, and performing manual exploratory testing for feature delivery.
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, combined in 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 11 brands in eight countries.
We have been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for 6 years running: 2013-2018. We're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Our brand-new Headquarters will open in April 2019 in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, with plenty of space for balancing hard work and fun.
As a Software Test Engineer on our team, you will:
- Bring a quality mindset to the collaborative definition and refinement of features
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design or improve features for testability
- Design, build, and maintain effective test strategies based on business requirements
- Perform exploratory testing of new features
- Automate tests to ensure consistency and reliability, and accelerate product delivery
- Execute feature and regression test strategies and analyze and document results
- Collaborate with your team on assessing feature and defect risks and priorities
We'd love to work with you if:
- You’re a smart, outcome-oriented individual who takes initiative and ownership
- You strive to raise the bar on quality for our homeowners and service professionals
- You champion automation to enable inventive and more efficient ways to do things
- You possess drive, positivity, curiosity, and a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them
- You can thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment
What you’ll need:
- Experience developing test cases and test plans
- Experience writing test automation
- Experience with automation frameworks (e.g. Nightwatch, PyUnit, JUnit, Spock)
- Experience with source code control (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies, and working directly with development team
- Experience testing web applications with automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress)
- Experience testing APIs with automation tools (e.g. Postman)
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Experience with BDD frameworks (e.g. Cucumber, SpecFlow, behave, Lettuce)
- Experience navigating databases to collect and orchestrate test data (e.g. RDMS: Oracle)
- Experience with CI/CD tools to enable automated test execution (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, GitlabCI)
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
3-5 years: Mid-Senior level: Background in software quality assurance and test automation.