Software & Systems Engineer
The Software & Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing and testing Java, Python, go and possibly C++ applications and services. The software is mostly concerned with orchestrating, deploying, debugging, and running R&D developed algorithms. The responsibilities include but are not limited to developing RESTFul services, AWS-batch services, AWS-lambda services, orchestration infrastructure akin to BPMN and/or AWS-Step using. This diverse set of software regimes necessitates versatility across different languages and environments. The engineer will also participate in devops and operational tasks throughout the alpha and beta lifecycle of the software and systems. Most of the software is deployed and operated in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with heavy utilization of all applicable AWS services. The engineer will share responsibility for building infrastructure as code. This position is in the R&D division and requires quick learning and understanding of new services, techniques and languages. The engineer needs to be motivated and excited to work on many different aspects of an R&D software lifecycle. It is preferred that the team member has good technical background in GIS/Image Processing.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop containerized software to enable alpha and beta deployment of new algorithms and products
- Partner with scientists to help transition Proof-of-Concepts prototypes to alpha and beta
- Design and develop software for orchestrating various image processing processes
- Monitor, debug, run alpha and beta level operational services and systems
- Assist in the continual improvement of our CICD pipeline
- Assist in the development of infrastructure and deployment code, primarily in AWS
- Communicate with the greater enterprise to transfer knowledge of new cutting edge concepts utilized in AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other applicable technical education. This includes information systems, information technologies, and other engineering disciplines
- Expert in java, c++, or python
- Strong communication skills
- Expert in source code lifecycle management tools
- Experience in containerized software paradigms (preferred Docker experience)
- Experience in cloud computing
- US Citizenship.
- Experience in AWS
- Experience in GIS
- Experience with satellite imagery
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.