Software Quality Assurance Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
PopSockets is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to take ownership of quality assurance efforts in the development, release, and maintenance of both custom and off-the-shelf software, as well as systems integrations, related to order placement, order fulfillment, distribution, logistics, and customer service. This is a hands-on role responsible for validating the quality of software applications and integrations to ensure they meet stakeholder needs and expectations. The ideal candidate will have a collection of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with IT team members, software development partners, stakeholders, and end users. This individual must possess the ability to quickly understand software functionality, as well as business workflows, in order to effectively define and execute manual and automated testing strategies to satisfy user story requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Own the design, development, and execution of test plans based on technical specifications, user needs, and business requirements.
- Develop test cases, user stories, or usage scenarios with acceptance criteria to support test plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain a suite of extensible, automated test scripts.
- Execute manual and automated performance, load, and usability tests of software and integrations, with communication of results back to project manager/scrum master, team members, and stakeholders. Record and document actual vs. expected results, prioritizes defects based on frequency and severity, and track through the lifecycle of the defect.
- Evaluate risks associated with various testing strategies, communicate risks to team members, and recommend alternative approaches.
- Estimate level of effort required for application testing per project, including prioritization, options, and required resources.
- Facilitate system production support, which includes re-creation of issues, problem resolution, and implementation of preventative enhancements.
- Participate in the release of software and integration solutions, including planning, validation, and stakeholder acceptance.
- As the team grows, manage contract and staff software quality assurance engineers.
- Independent self-starter with little need for supervision and thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field of study and at least 5 years of related experience.
- Strong understanding of SDLC foundational concepts and testing best practices.
- Ability to contribute and direct at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, performance and scalability testing; be able to step in and provide leadership in test design and implementation.
- Experience with various collaboration tools, including Jira, Confluence, and diagramming software (e.g. Visio, Gliffy, Draw.io).
- Experience with Agile software development testing, including the review of user stories, acceptance criteria, and other available information in order to develop test plans and test scenarios, both manual and automated.
- Experience exposing testing metrics in a way that allows visibility into system stability.
- Experience building and developing test automation for RESTful APIs and SOAP web services.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug tickets using defect/ticket tracking systems Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Familiarity with e-commerce processes, including sales operations, finance and supply chain and order fulfillment concepts.
- Relevant experience with a full suite of order management lifecycle tools: ERP and inventory control systems, Warehouse Management Systems and Order Management Systems and Order Fulfillment.
- Experience with the following platforms: Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, ShipStation, Microsoft Dynamic NAV, Kingdee ERP, MuleSoft, Cybersource, Adyen, ZenDesk, Postman.
- Experience with JSON and XML data-interchange formats.
- Experience implementing and leveraging test automation frameworks
- Proficiency in writing SQL
- A proven ability to learn new technologies / platforms. PopSockets is evolving at a rapid pace and the need to research, understand, and apply new technologies is extremely important.
- Experience working with CI/CD workflows using deployment services (e.g. Jenkins).
- Flexibility working in a global organization where cross-cultural communication and occasional off-hours work may be required.
Salary- 75-85k depending on experience plus up to 15% bonus
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.