Vorto is the only AI-driven automated supply chain platform in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the B2B supply chain, essentially creating a B2B Amazon.
About the Role
Location: Denver, CO - Onsite
The role of Engineering Manager will be instrumental in maintaining 10x speed of engineering while we enter new industries. We have a blog post on our website that explains our company culture. If our mission and culture aligns with your purpose and beliefs we would love to have you on our team to change the world.
We’re especially looking for seasoned engineers with a strong grasp of CS principles that are excited to expand their responsibilities to include coordination, awareness, and oversight of technology projects and deliverables.
This role has 5 key accountabilities:
- Accelerate Speed of Innovation – Accelerate delivery of key products and features. We are already very fast & ship multiple times per day across many products. However, as our success is almost wholly dependent on our speed of innovation, we are always pushing to move faster. This is the most important accountability of this role
- Engineering Leadership – Drive a culture of continuous improvement, and leverage Vorto's unique culture to build a world class, differentiated, engineering team.
- Coaching – Coach the engineering team to challenge and grow each engineer.
- Production Uptime & Quality – Ensure production uptime and quality with respect to performance, security, and availability and other key factors.
- Engineering Strategy – As the Senior Manager of engineering, you will be responsible for the overall architecture of the product to meet business needs.
To be Successful in this Role, You Must:
- Have a strong "sense of urgency"
- Be comfortable in "leading from the front" by diving in to execute where needed. You never let your team down.
- Recognize leadership is a privilege. You’re honest with others, and expect the same in turn.
- Be able to pivot quickly, as the business demands. You are calm, cool, and collected when presented with adversity. You never panic.
Within the First 30 Days You Will:
- Gain the trust and respect of your team.
- Meet deadlines to deliver highly strategic features while satisfying technical best practices.
- Develop a deep sense of the strategic context of the business, and be able to give a demo of any product of Vorto's to any user role.
- Improve the speed, professional growth, and personal growth of your team through highly effective coaching.
- Develop a track record of surpassing expectations to achieve significant business outcomes.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- 8+ years experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years as a software engineering leader.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- BS/BA in Computer Science (or substantially impressive software engineering background) required.
- High EQ (low ego); Collaborator with a transparent approach; A thought leader who will bring an entrepreneurial, problem-solver mentality to drive cross functional teams to get things done.
- Hands-on approach when needed, without over-reliance on delegation
- Ability to understand the tactical details and the complexity, but also able to pivot quickly as the business demands.
- You have built customer facing, enterprise products which have achieved market success.
- Inspirational and results-oriented leader capable of articulating the vision and earning trust.
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Modern office spaces in Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.