Software Engineering Manager at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A problem solver that likes being part of a team working closely to change the world of bill pay. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members and solving technical problems is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
BillGO is looking for an Engineering Manager with a passion for leading a team of engineers responsible for building, monitoring, and improving the health of our integrations, defining monitoring and escalation procedures, and improving our developer processes. This team supports the most mission-critical component of our business. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- BS Software Engineering, plus 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with leading multiple teams solving complex software engineering technical challenges
- 5+ years of experience building, operating, and deploying highly scalable web/mobile applications
- 5+ years of experience managing large teams comprising of junior and senior engineers
- Solid practical knowledge of web and mobile security platforms and technologies
- Maintain awareness of "the next great thing" - topics moving from academic study into engineering production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deeply inquisitive with ability to be open to and able to consider new approaches
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Open to coaching and excited about interacting with the team to evolve the right solutions
Recommended but not required:
- MS in Software Engineering plus 5+ years professional experience
- Experience in Fintech
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud services
- Experience with scaling a hyper-growth company