Software Engineering Manager - Systems
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We also pioneered the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve and to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This Software Engineering Manager - Systems in the Customer Experience Operations (CXO) - Performance Optimization department will lead a team of Full Stack Software Engineers, focused on the backend, who build and maintain distributed web-based applications and processes that support customer and employee experience initiatives.
- Lead and develop a team of Full Stack Software Engineers
- Consult and interface with stakeholders to gather business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Oversee distributed system architecture
- Develop and manage product roadmaps
- Steer the team to be Agile and efficient by balancing efficiency and innovation
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with back end application technologies and frameworks
- Experience with leading a team either through management or via a software development team lead
- Familiar with one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Python, or Go
- Knowledgeable about the latest web standards and practices for a distributed, event driven architecture such as Kafka and Kubernetes
Compensation: $90,000.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.