Software Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with passionate on the team and organization to build software that helps reduce energy consumption
- Work with event driven system to enroll and communicate with Smart Thermostats and other devices
- Leverage your skills in full stack development to build web applications that are accessible, secure, and ready to scale for growing businesses
- Leverage different cloud based technologies in AWS and GCP to create stable and maintainable software systems
- Collaborate with data scientists to report IoT device information to customers
- Work with reporting tools, such as Looker or Splunk, to provide accurate information on operations
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- You are excited to build a product that impacts millions of Our software is used by utility companies to help deliver energy saving programs to energy customers.
- You enjoy digging into problems and solving them in a collaborative environment and are eager to learn more
- You are comfortable and enjoy working with others to help prioritize and flush out issues, and continue to improve processes as well as code
- You work with others to share knowledge and understand the value of good documentation and communication to provide support
What you bring to Uplight:
- You have used infrastructure service providers such as Google Cloud or AWS
- You have experience practicing test-driven development and are familiar with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- You enjoy working with others to coordinate and collaborate on building great software and achieving client requirements
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $100,000 to $110,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.