Software Engineer at Worldpay from FIS
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Software Engineer works on projects where he/she will play an active role in developing software enhancements and new products. A vigilant developer, he/she will work on the planning, designing and coding of enhancements for our current offerings. He/she will also work with cross-functional teams to build software solutions for current issues or to incorporate advancements in technology. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Works cross-functionally to address issues and emerging needs in software systems.
- Rigorously tests software in preparation for deployment.
- Works on projects from enhancements, new features and bug fixes to new and replacement products.
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience creating applications using C#/VB.NET
- Experience building UI's using Microsoft MVC
- Experience building SOAP and/or REST API's
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.