Our team works collaboratively to solve complex problems and to ensure our large-scale, distributed services run optimally for the needs of our customers. We are a team of skilled engineers and testers with diverse backgrounds. This software developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying functional capabilities of the DigitalGlobe Ground System including: core image processing systems, interfaces with business systems, and web services initiatives. This is an opportunity to work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) organization on a micro-service architecture. DigitalGlobe has been recognized as one of the leading Agile organizations both in Colorado and nationwide. We are ‘all in’ on AWS and have a dynamic roadmap to leverage the benefits of that platform to build on our industry leading capabilities. We are looking for someone who loves to code, collaborate, and bring a quality first mindset to work every day.
- A hungry and curious individual with a passion for world class architecture and coding.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture, anticipate edge case scenarios/failure modes, and build quality and resiliency into the code base.
- A team player who is comfortable flexing out of specific job duties to rally behind fellow team members to deliver business value.
- A teammate eager to be part of a cross-functional Scrum team that embraces and embodies the Scrum values (commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect) and pillars (transparency, inspection, and adaptation).
- Someone who spends most of their time building new capabilities but is also relied on for tier-3 support of the services they own.
- This is a development position within the software engineering group, and in particular within an agile scrum team.
- As domain knowledge is acquired, candidate will be one of up to four developers on an agile scrum team, and thus will be responsible for: Implementing high level design specifications provided by either an architect or a senior team lead, either as a solo effort or with peer senior engineers. Activities can include coding of architecture/solution spikes, design documents, and testing and following implementation guidance from senior developers within the team.
- Foster and support the on-going growth and practices of agile development within the organization.
- Provide Tier-3 level support of the ground software system.
- Responsible for technical ownership of 1 to 3 ground system software components
- 1-2 years of experience programming in Java and/or Python.
- Experience with: Unix/Linux, Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, J2EE), JSON, REST
- Agile software development lifecycle experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- BS in a technical discipline (Computer Science preferred).
- Eligible for a US Government issued security clearance.
- PostGIS spatial databases.
- Exposure or experience in AWS.
- A secondary education focus on math and or physics.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.