Software Engineer, Windows OS at Webroot, an OpenText company
You are an up and coming software engineer with an interest in low-level Windows OS programming. You have a strong foundation and are experienced programming in C/C++ or C#, and you have a desire to work with low-level structures and interfaces within Windows. You seek the chance to add malware/security and/or machine learning to your technical repertoire. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we are seeking to empower a talented software engineer with the opportunity to truly contribute in development while working alongside dynamic teammates in Colorado, California, Austria, and England. The scope of your work will be broad and will include development on various layers of the OS ranging from kernel to UI, as well as debugging, and reverse engineering. Background in malware analysis, antivirus, and vulnerability analysis will be gained as you master the entire Webroot Anywhere product umbrella. This is a chance to work on global products for one of the largest international companies in the online and computer security world. Apply today!
You bring to the table:
- Expert knowledge in C and C++ on Windows;
- 3+ years in software development on Windows operating system
- Experience in performant application development
- Experience in driver development within the Windows operating system
- Deep experience with Windows development at kernel and user-mode is required
- Familiarity with Assembly language within the Windows operating system
- Deep understanding of Windows operating system internals and Windows API is a must
- Ability to collect and analyze crash dumps
- Experience with Minifilter driver development
- Experience with in debugging techniques with any of WinDbg, OllyDbg, IDA Pro
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, or other Network Sniffing tools is a plus but not required
Other beneficial experience/knowledge
- Experience with rootkit analysis
- Vulnerability analysis
- Malware mitigation analysis
- Familiarity with the underlying structures of the registry and NTFS/FAT file systems
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?