Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Software Engineer, Simulation will report to the Senior Simulation Engineer and will be responsible for developing and maintaining the simulation software used to exercise and test Outrider's autonomous vehicle (AV) based system.
This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a safety-critical system for industrial automation. The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties & responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain simulation software to ensure the Outrider software stack is robust and meets technical objectives
- Translate system requirements into simulation tools, scenarios, and pass/fail criteria
- Integrate CI pipeline capabilities into the software development process to test product baseline and functionality
- Solicit open feedback for how the team and simulation tools can improve
- Effectively communicate test progress, product performance, and issues found to the larger Engineering organization
- Collaborate with the Systems and Software teams to implement fixes and improvements
- Maintain Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) testing from a software perspective to improve vehicle testing and integration
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- Fluent in C++ and Python
- Comfortable with Linux and command-line interface
- Proven capability in problem-solving complex systems, software or robotics
- Experience with the software development life cycle, modern software/hardware/system testing methods, and continuous integration
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sterling references
- 2 or more years of experience testing robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, or other automotive products in simulation, bench and/or real-world environments.
- Experience with simulated vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Experience with existing simulation tools or development of custom simulation tools
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with Docker
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $80,000 - 115,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.