Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
As a software engineer on the mission planning team you will implement and test mission planning algorithms and infrastructure. This position requires excellent software development skills, attention to detail, and ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & responsbilities
- Implement and test mission planning and execution algorithms
- Implement and test cloud based mission planning infrastructure
- Coordinate mission planning tests on vehicles
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the Company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or robotics.
- Strong algorithm development/ optimization/ implementation/ performance tuning skills
- 3+ years in-depth professional work experience with object-oriented design and C++
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) or other robotics messaging platform
- Experience with continuous space trajectory generation for autonomous driving applications
- Experience with cloud applications
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $120,000 - $150,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.