Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent training).
- Proficient in Python.
- Database experience (SQL or noSQL).
- Experience with multiple programming languages / environments.
- Distributed or multi-threaded development (web architectures, microservices, client/server) experience.
- Experience handling DevOps (Linux, public cloud, Docker).
- Experience collaborating with others (e.g. customers, product owners, testing team) on commercial software projects.
- History of structured, collaborative software development environments (source code control, peer reviews, team oriented software development process).
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your previous experience.
- Eagerness to dive deep into the aerospace industry and understand its terminology, nuances, and methods.
- Go development in performance critical environments.
- Experience with Time Series data or multi-terabyte scale datasets.
- Web front end experience with Vue / Vuex (or similar).
- Responsive layout with CSS.
- A GitHub account with examples of your work.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $95,000-$120,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.