About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is seeking someone to join our small, but expert, team of software engineers building the tools to support Boom's aerospace engineering teams. You must deeply enjoy working side-by-side with your users (many engineering disciplines tied to aerospace) and picking up whatever tools & technologies will best suit the team's current needs.
A Software Engineer III at Boom means being a strong technical individual contributor, and optimistically approaching new aviation and business problems to explore how software can help. A typical day will include hands-on coding, working with in-house users, contributing to project architecture discussions, and mentoring other developers. Specifically, this role will initially focus on expanding Boom tools that contribute to airplane design evaluations.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent training)
- Proficient in Python
- Database experience (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with multiple programming languages / environments
- Distributed or multi-threaded development (web architectures, microservices, client/server) experience
- Experience handling DevOps (Linux, public cloud, Docker)
- Experience collaborating with others (e.g. customers, product owners, testing team) on commercial software projects
- History of structured, collaborative software development environments (source code control, peer reviews, team oriented software development process)
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your previous experience
- Eagerness to dive deep into the aerospace industry and understand its terminology, nuances, and methods
It would be great if you had:
- Go development in performance critical environments
- Experience with Time Series data or multi-terabyte scale datasets
- Web front end experience with Vue / Vuex (or similar)
- Responsive layout with CSS
- A GitHub account with examples of your work
Salary Range for this position is $95,000-$120,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description