Software Engineer II at Housecall Pro
**We are currently considering candidates outside of San Diego and Denver**
Why Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team and company that is rapidly growing and create your own career path.
The role: As a Software Engineer II at Housecall Pro you’ll begin working with your team lead on our main Ruby on Rails application, iterating through fast-paced use cases. You’ll design, develop, and test small features and push those features to production on a daily basis. Initially, you'll work on our Ruby on Rails application and its React front end. As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to work on our Android and iOS applications as well, eventually allowing you to continue as a Full Stack engineer or to specialize in a particular technology.
The Team: Our Product Managers are responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to drive stratospheric growth of Housecall Pro products. This includes rapidly shipping new products and working daily with our engineering team, design team, and other stakeholders to define the right backlog, structures and frameworks to move us rapidly forward. This is a tight-knit group of inspiring individuals that deliver exceptional software experiences and you will be an integral part of driving us toward world-class results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and deploy features that provide customer outcomes.
- Write great code that is both understandable and testable
- Rotate through and learn the technology stacks that drive Housecall Pro.
- Collaborate with product managers to deeply understand core customer problems, how to solve them, and estimate their complexity
- Gain mentorship from our team to grow your skills and confidence
- 1-3 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Ability to write meaningful, well-tested code that solves real customer problems
- Can estimate, design, and build a small epic end-to-end
- Ability to bring your latest and greatest learning and tell us why we should use them tomorrow in Housecall Pro
Comp: $95,040 - $120000 OTE
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the client management app space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.