Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai.
The Embedded Perception Engineer will report to the Manager of Machine Learning and lead the development of on-board infrastructure for the NVIDIA Xavier compute system in C++. This position requires strong embedded linux development skills, attention to detail, and ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & responsibilities
- Maintain build system for embedded linux platform
- Create hardware in the loop integration tests
- Architect and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Be responsible for the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Travel and perform fieldwork, depending on initial customer locations (up to 10%)
- 3+ years of professional C++ experience
- Proficiency creating Docker environments
- Cmake experience
- Systemd experience
- Familiarity with with synchronization techniques
- Experience with cross compilation specifically building for ARM targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- AWS experience
- CUDA / TensorRT experience
- ROS / software for ground robotic systems
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $90,000 - $125,000. For benefits, check this out!
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.