Software Engineer- BaaS
Small business makes the world go around – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
As a Software Engineer based in Denver working closely with a geographically diverse team, you will be integral to defining focus, strategy, and architecture that align and push the expectations of product owners and customers alike. Your solid foundation of development practices, high-level of technical capability across cloud platforms, and experience architecting green-field solutions will be essential in championing beautiful development solutions with industry standard architecture design. Your role is to challenge, inspire and influence the team's technical approach and capability to design, plan, deliver, and improve backup solutions in the cloud.
What you'll bring with you
- Experienced object-oriented development background 5+ years desired
- Experience building high-availability solutions
- Experience in or knowledge of cloud-native development and agile development methodologies
- Experience writing Rest APIs, microservices-based applications, and light-weight container deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology and tooling, including continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities
Ideal Additional Skills
- A good knowledge of relational database systems and concepts (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proven experience working with AWS services (CodeBuild, S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, etc)
- Good working knowledge of containerization (Docker) used with a container orchestration tool like Kubernetes or ECS.
What you'll do
- Drive technical solutions that shape the team's product roadmap
- Challenge, define and champion the cloud backups development approaches and practices
- Build and support backup solutions that conform to industry and Xero standards
- Foster effective relationships with teams across the Platform and Product groups to understand user needs and business objectives
What do we offer?
The opportunity to be part of a growing global success story; a fun, fast-paced work environment and a relaxed, supportive team. A competitive salary, shares in the company, generous PTO and flexible work arrangements, a great office environment including endless table tennis matches, impromptu happy hours, and a stunning location situated in Denver.
It's time to introduce yourself
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please apply if you:
Love doing #beautiful work – contribute to a beautiful experience for our customers.
Show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of small business owners.
Seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer