Date: Feb 2, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80206
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the team:
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
At VIZIO we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about).
VIZIO’s Mobile team is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support a large-scale consumer application. Help us build innovative features and have a direct impact on our customers’ experience!
What you will do:
- Define the experience of SmartCast Mobile as it evolves into a cohesive experience with IoT devices working in Kotlin and helping define core architecture.
- Collaborate across teams and work with stakeholders to develop and integrate new features, and to design a user-friendly experience for our customers.
- Take ownership of new features and product improvements.
- Directly impact the VIZIO Smartcast experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback.
- Help provide vision and understanding of the mobile platforms to external teams.
- Engage with the team to define and mold best practices and review emerging technologies.
- Drive reactive and cross-platform development.
- Grow with hands-on API development and network programming, integrating with cloud services and embedded devices.
- Define and test APIs with tools like Postman, Swagger/OpenAPI.
- Build features on top of a wide variety of network stacks; HTTP, Web Sockets, BLE, MDNS, etc.
- Dive deep into CI/CD and testing processes.
- You have a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Understanding of common software design patterns and architecture.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Android Development.
- Experience with Kotlin and/or Java used in large scale projects.
- Solid understanding of the mobile development lifecycle.
- Bonus: Experience and knowledge of cross-platform development and iOS development.
- Bonus: Experience with mobile architecture patterns, reactive frameworks and multi-threaded environment.
- Write clean, solid and testable code while keeping the user experience fast and reliable.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in a team and can support other developers in a remote team structure.
- You are familiar with best practices, code reviews, and can help set guidelines for development.
- You are a creative problem-solver who digs into root causes analytically, instead of relying on intuition.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell complex stories simply and adapt to questions, rather than just presenting information.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $122,361/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.