Software Development Test Engineer
Alteryx is looking for a self-driven Staff SDET that will carry out the test automation QA initiatives. In this role, you will write code to test code, promote software engineering standards, quality code, and solid test practices by designing and delivering robust, efficient, and comprehensive automated tests in python enabling full functional testing of the product on demand. You are also a solid black box tester who can view the product from the customer perspective and identify issues.
The Software Engineer will develop automated test in python along with creating, modifying, executing system test plans. Analyze and write test standards and procedures. Maintain documentation of test, results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action. Consult with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creates complete test plans based on design specifications.
- Develops robust python automated tests.
- Enhances and maintains the automated test infrastructure.
- Observes and records defects in software products through the use of systematic tests to apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Updates and creates test cases to support fixes for customer reported issues.
- Uses product knowledge and insight to design and execute exploratory testing.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience automating the validation of complex systems and data intensive applications
- Previous Data Analytics development/testing experience.
- Previous Data Visualization development/testing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience testing within an agile development environment.
- Minimum of 6 years of software development experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong Python Development Background
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum driven development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automation frameworks like Mocha, Jest, Selenium, etc
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Maintains documentation and reports test results.
- Proficiency with corporate QA standards.
- Ability to lead a team, to work and to communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.