Software Development Engineer at CANVAS Technology
Recently acquired by Amazon Robotics, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. Vehicle fleets combine a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that continuously builds and refines maps in real-time. The vehicles have the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, other vehicles, and places as they perform their work in a dynamic environment.
Work with a world-class team and help develop one of the most advanced 3D computer vision systems in the world. You'll be a key contributor to our top-tier computer vision team, have a huge impact in a developing sector and see your research come to life building indoor and outdoor autonomous vehicles.
We are seeking a talented and highly self-motivated Software Engineer to help stand up a modern data analytics pipeline focused on autonomous vehicle data. We are passionate about building a highly scalable big data system to support our analytics, machine learning, and data applications. A successful candidate should have a background in business analytics, data science, data visualization, and data engineering.
- Lead the development of a suite of backend extract-translate-load (ETL) applications to aggregate large amounts of vehicle and ground station data.
- Define the data infrastructure architecture to store large quantities of data and serve higher level consumers of this data.
- Define the frontend framework to provide a data visualization user interface to serve the engineering community.
- Work with the software quality and development teams to build targeted analytics applications to help drive autonomous vehicle development and field deployment
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience working in Python, C++, or other Object-Oriented languages.
- Experience with database schema design and database administration (both No-SQL and SQL a plus)
- Basic linux system administration skills.
- Excellent communicator able to act as a bridge between multiple engineering groups.
- Familiarity with fast growing companies and the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that goes along with launching new products.
- Proven track record standing up and scaling a backend/frontend data analytics toolchain
- Experience working with AWS Big Data Technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3)
- Experience with the Python data stack for data cleansing, analysis, and visualization.
- Experience working with Open Source Big Data tools (Parquet, Spark, Hadoop, Presto)·
- Experience with Apache Airflow for implementing complex ETL pipelines.
- Experience with both SQL and No-SQL database administration.
- Basic statistics, statistical signal processing, and statistical data visualization.
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD toolchains including source control, issue tracking, automated test, and automated deploy.
#canvas #canvastech #canvastechnology