Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for a highly motivated software in test engineer to help us build the next generation of front-end component library.
This will be part of our UI-SDK team, working with developers, product managers and other stakeholders developing tests plans, executing tests, tracking and reporting results, troubleshooting issues and working to resolve defects.
You will be responsible for the execution of the quality strategy.
- Develop, implement and monitor automated regression tests for each feature under development
- Work as part of the dev team to refine features and stories helping to drive quality into all aspects of the product
- Support QE processes and initiatives to ensure the successful execution of the test strategy
- Collaborate with System Test engineering team to update product quality test coverage matrices
- Support Customer Support escalations by triaging field related issues and offering solutions
- Fully characterize product defects and create comprehensive reports for distribution to stakeholders
- Identify and communicate product quality risk items to your team and the QE Center of Excellence
- Helps in the development of a great work environment through modeling exemplary servant leadership
- Provide insight into test requirements, design and implementation within your area
- Act as a customer advocate, committed to delivering quality throughout the company
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Ability to create and debug unit and functional tests
- Jest / Enzyme / React Testing Library or equivalent library
- TestCafé or equivalent library
- Git (GitHub, GitLab)
- Proficiency with implementing test suites within Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Experience with testing high-performance distributed systems
- Experience mentoring and developing others
- Experience working in a Scrum development environment
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Material-UI or equivalent component library
- Agile / Lean practices
- Working with other engineering teams, product, and UI/UX
- Understanding of design systems
- Code reviews