Software Development Engineer In Test, Mobile
At Webroot, we are building client side applications on mobile, mac, and windows platforms to make cybersecurity for small businesses and consumers comprehensive, effective, and simple. This is a unique learning opportunity for you to gain knowledge of how a product is used to keep consumers and businesses safe from cyber threats.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic test automation engineer to join our exciting team of professionals. The primary mandate will be to help ensure that our customers receive the highest quality product from us with a high level of effective threat detection.
You will work with a team using Agile development methodologies as the automation and development teams work hand in hand to deliver quality features each sprint. You will use automated test techniques in a continuous delivery pipeline to simplify the validation of code changes in a frequent and fast delivery cycles. The tools and structures that you develop and deploy will need to provide anomaly detection mechanisms across multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android OS) You will be comfortable with implementing new frameworks to accomplish new and changing requirements. You are a patient and motivated individual who is ready to work on complex and dynamic systems with a minimum of supervision. As you will be required to work closely with the quality assurance analysts and developers to continually improve the overall customer experience and continually add value to our products and services.
In this job you will:
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including review of design documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functional specifications
- Design and implement tools and structures to facilitate automated testing in a dynamic and scalable pipeline.
- Contribute to expose the features of the application to facilitate their automation.
- Interpret product specifications and develop comprehensive test design/plan to perform functional and load testing
- Perform the required tests to validate the feature’s functionalities and performance along with communicating the progress to the team.
- Evaluate (commercial, open-source or proprietary) testing tools and test frameworks which can be leveraged within a project.
- Configure and maintain testing environment being used by the team for testing
- Working together with other teams to deliver the team goals and objectives.
- Take ownership of the product quality for the project assigned to work on.
You bring to the table:
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about ensuring product release confidence and quality
- Experience with developing test tools, and automated testing of software components/objects
- Experience in one or more programing/script languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, Shell Script, C/C++, C#, Kotlin etc.)
- Experience testing web service and technologies (e.g. REST and JSON, XML, HTTP, Web Server, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm/concept.
- Solid understanding of techniques and approaches for testing test software components/objects
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Solid understanding of Windows, Mac and mobile Operating Systems, or able to learn and install and configure a new system when required.
- Very adaptive to a fast changing environment, willing and able to acquire new skills as required
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or relate field