SOC Analyst at VMware Carbon Black (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile company that's building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it's no wonder we've been named a "Top Place to Work" by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
Carbon Black, the leader in advanced threat protection, is seeking a SOC Analyst. This is an entry to mid-level position in Cyber Security, targeted toward individuals with 4 - 6 years of experience. Educational and personal experience with network/systems administration and/or information security related work is necessary.
SOC Analysts at Carbon Black are responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems used in our security program. This includes the following of procedures to triage and investigate security alerts, and escalate issues as necessary. SOC Analysts have opportunities for mentorship from more senior members of the team, and involvement with maturing procedures, evaluating new security technologies, incident response, penetration testing, and the freedom to try out new ideas and technologies to improve the SOC.
What You'll Do
- Performs endpoint security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response for a mid-size organization, coordinates with other team members, management to document and report incidents
- He/she will be part of a rotating SOC shift and will need to manage their schedule accordingly so as to ensure there is coverage during SOC shifts
- Maintains records of security events investigated and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing systems
- Monitors and analyzes EDR and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation
- Makes recommendations, creates, modifies, and updates EDR and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tool rules
- Ensure that we are implementing best practice security policies that address the client's business need while protecting their vital corporate assets
- Take on Security Operations responsibilities when not on a SOC shifts: This includes but is not limited to documentation, basic malware analysis, exceptions tracking, security tool management, tuning, and configuration, along with metrics and reporting.
- Be a primary for or support ongoing projects by assisting in the implementation, testing and documentation of security related projects
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Windows, Linux, and/or OSX
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Unix Shell scripts, Perl, Python, Powershell, C#
- Firewalls (e.g. PaloAlto Networks, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG, PFSense, etc..)
- Log Management and SIEM (e.g. Splunk, IBM QRadar, HP ArcSight)
- Network Analysis Tools (e.g. Netwitness, Wireshark)
- System Analysis and Forensic Tools (e.g. FTK, EnCase)
- Endpoint Security (e.g. Carbon Black Enterprise Protection, Carbon Black Enterprise Response, Symantec, McAfee, Forefront)
- Windows Management (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects,)
- Penetration Testing Tools (e.g. Metasploit, Backtrack, Kali)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server 2008/2012, CentOS Linux, OSX)
- Enterprise Microsoft Solutions (e.g. Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync)
- Regulatory Regimes (e.g. ISO27K, SSAE16, HIPPA, PCI, FISMA)
- Various Open-Source security and networking tools (MRTG, SysInternals, Nagios)
What You'll Bring
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4 - 6 years of professional work experience in the security field
- The ideal candidate will have Linux OS and scripting skills. OSX and Windows skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, document and develop action/mitigation plan
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor/train staff and bring awareness to current and emerging threats
- Certifications a Plus: CISSP, SAN GIAC Certifications (GCIH, GPEN, GSEC, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to present technical risks and issues to non-technical audiences internal and external to the organization
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 13 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,600 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.