Senior Staff Software Engineer
Our team works collaboratively to solve complex problems and to ensure our large-scale, distributed services run optimally for the needs of our customers. We are a team of skilled engineers and testers with diverse backgrounds. This software developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying functional capabilities of the DigitalGlobe Ground System including: core image processing systems, interfaces with business systems, and web services initiatives. This is an opportunity to work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) organization on a micro-service architecture. DigitalGlobe has been recognized as one of the leading Agile organizations both in Colorado and nationwide. We are ‘all in’ on AWS and have a dynamic roadmap to leverage the benefits of that platform to build on our industry leading capabilities. We are looking for someone who loves to code, collaborate, and bring a quality first mindset to work every day.
- A hungry and curious individual with a passion for world class architecture and coding.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture, anticipate edge case scenarios/failure modes, and build quality and resiliency into the code base.
- A team player who is comfortable flexing out of specific job duties to rally behind fellow team members to deliver business value.
- A teammate eager to be part of a cross-functional Scrum team that embraces and embodies the Scrum values (commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect) and pillars (transparency, inspection, and adaptation).
- Someone who spends most of their time building new capabilities but is also relied on for tier-3 support of the services they own.
- This is a development position within the software engineering group, and in particular within an agile scrum team.
- As domain knowledge is acquired, candidate will be one of up to four developers on an agile scrum team, and thus will be responsible for assisting software architects and peer senior developers in defining and implementing the software design of DigitalGlobe’s ground system.
- Foster and support the on-going growth and practices of agile development within the organization.
- Provide Tier-3 level support of the ground software system.
- Responsible for technical ownership of 1 to 3 ground system software components
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java and/or Python
- Experience with
- Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, J2EE)
- Cloud Foundry, Apiary, Eureka
- PostGIS spatial databases
- Agile software development lifecycle experience
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to stay organized while dealing with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross team collaboration
- BS in a technical discipline or commensurate work experience (Computer Science preferred)
- Eligible for a US Government issued security clearance
- A math or physics focused minor or major
- 1+ years of building and supporting applications in AWS
- Working within SAFe agile framework
- Experience within the Space Industry
- Experience building monitoring and alerting in micro-service architecture
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.