Date: Feb 15, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80265
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the Team:
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
At VIZIO, we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer II to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
You will join a newly formed team in the Denver Metro Area to architect and deliver high quality, secure, and stable libraries for 3rd party vendors and/or open source applications. You will help bring VIZIO to the forefront of interactive television.
- You have contributed or maintained an open source project that is visible to everyone with recommendations from other open source participants.
- You have a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have experience with object-oriented design of algorithms and understand when specific data structures should be used
- You have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development, continuous deployments, and agile methodologies.
- You have exposure to operating large-scale distributed systems, including security, defining and monitoring service metrics, infrastructure management and scaling, and develops best practices.
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- You have successfully started and maintained an open source project used by many
- You have experience architecting and maintaining embedded firmware
- You have experience in the telecommunication, health, or gaming industry
Here’s the kind of person you are:
- You care about quality; you do take the time to write unit tests
- You are not afraid to ask questions
- You are open to providing and receiving feedback
- You enjoy being around like minded individuals going for the same goal
- You know how to finish projects and deliver on time
- You are willing to help others even if it disrupts your train of thought
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $114,370/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Developer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Software Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering