Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a Senior Software engineer with backend expertise for implementing solutions as per the team’s goals and also has a passion for changing the way millions of people consume energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Team to build and improve our platforms to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end-users.
You’ll be a part of developing our products and platform that manage massive amounts of data and leverages it to deliver a compelling experience to users across our products.
You will own the development and its quality independently and be responsible for high-quality deliverables.
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions
- Love for designing and developing high-volume, low-latency backend infrastructure
- Have an analytical and agile mindset
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously as a multiplier
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are an experienced developer with 5-10 years of professional experience.
- Expert in Java (Java 8+, Hibernate 5.X, Tomcat, Maven 3.x, Spring framework: Spring 5.X, spring-data, Spring-web, Spring-beans, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in managing APIs to industry-accepted RESTful standards
- Experience in providing the Technical design for the features considering function, non-functional, and operation requirements
- Expertise in Microservices and SaaS
- Demonstrable experience with writing unit and functional tests.
- Expert in implementing security best practices and optimized database queries (SQLs)
- Experience in laying out the architectural roadmap and managing the technical debt
- Experience mentoring peers and leading technical teams through the decision making
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience
- Solid CI/CD experience
- Well versed with Git & GitHub repository
- Familiar with Linux systems and its command-line interface
- ETL experience
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS, Google Cloud)
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.