Senior Software Engineer
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Senior Software Engineer works on projects where he/she will play an active role in developing software enhancements and new products. A vigilant developer and team lead, he/she will work on the planning, designing and coding of enhancements for our current offerings. He/she will also work with cross-functional teams to build software solutions for current issues or to incorporate advancements in technology. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to be an advisor and mentor to their project team, and an active participant in shaping the direction of Worldpay's technology vision.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Works cross-functionally to address issues and emerging needs in software systems.
- Rigorously tests software in preparation for deployment.
- Works on projects from enhancements, new features and bug fixes to new and replacement products.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Having wide-range experience, he/she uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Expected to drive delivery of project teams, mentoring young engineers and developing talent.
- Expected to drive standards and governance for local development efforts, conduct code reviews and teach engineers.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent experience.
- Swagger and YAML experience preferred; experience with REST APIs required.
- A solid understanding of architectural patterns and demonstrated experience building robust enterprise systems.
- Cloud and cloud-ready development experience desired.
- Apigee and/or API management/gateway experience preferred.
- Architectural and system design experience required.
- Project experience in an Agile space preferred.
- Experienced with production support and capable of handling the rigors and stress of on-call.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.