Senior Software Engineer
Who we are...
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. Our team is scrappy and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We're close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. Rehumanizing the planet can't be done without EXCELLENT people and we want to add you to our already amazing team!
Who we're looking for...
A Senior Software Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them who produces quality results with a low frequency of serious defects. The Engineer is attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution; ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
What you will do...
- Build beautiful and performant user interfaces with ReactJS continuously, beginning the first week of work.
- Develop reliable server-side software systems with NodeJS, PHP, Python and other technologies.
- Deliver software projects within agreed-upon timelines 90% of the time quarter over quarter.
- Actively engage and build relationships with Customer Success and Sales teams to improve understanding of customer needs, and reported issues and defects.
- Ensure critical defects in software should be very rare (
- Engage with fellow developers through code reviews or pair programming for 100% of all code prior to release in production.
- Work with our Automated Test Suite that is continuously grown along with feature development, targeting at least 80% code coverage, reported to a combined code coverage dashboard.
- Regularly measure software metrics, reported and relevant alarms are maintained in the production environment against agreed upon targets, displayed on a dashboard.
- Take an active role in investigation and validation of reported defects, integrating closely with Customer Success team to see issues to resolution.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Act without being told what to do. Bring new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Live up to verbal and written agreements.
- Flexible: Can bounce between projects day to to day.
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 5-7 years experience in web application development
- Familiarity with Agile / Kanban software development
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience working throughout the tech stack
- Proven experience mentoring and leading other engineers
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth