Senior Software Engineer
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is building a revolutionary platform that will be utilized worldwide to ensure athletes are provided the opportunity to compete in clean sport. You will be on the ground floor of a new team of software engineers and data experts that USADA is building internally to carry out this endeavor. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the architecture, development, and deployment of a new application platform that will interface with organizations around the globe. This is true greenfield development, where we will reimagine what is possible across the business leveraging the latest technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design and develop our first SaaS platform, and the applications within it. You will not be asked to maintain existing codebases, and instead given the opportunity to apply cutting edge technologies to business solutions across multiple applications. The platform that you and your team builds will be leveraged by users and organizations around the world, requiring a highly scalable and service-oriented architecture utilizing the latest technologies.
- Contribute to all components of our codebase, owning feature implementations from end-to-end
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment and help drive technical decisions with and for your team – we want to find the right tools and make the right decisions for the task at hand
- Interface with Product owners to deliver features in an agile framework
- Building intuitive and clean API endpoints
- Write meaningful tests and participate in Test Driven Development
- Develop scalable software that is also portable
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- You are a curious person that enjoys innovation and the challenges that come with it
- You are excited about being empowered to make sound technical decisions that will impact the future of a business for years to come. You and your work will be front and center.
- Mobile Development Expertise – React Native and iOS
- Modern Java Pro – Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, etc.
- Experience with containerization – Docker, Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of all components of an application ecosystem and how they interact to accomplish a goal – back-end, front-end, data, APIs, DevOps, deployment, etc.
- You embrace the fundamental principles behind Agile development, and enjoy collaborating with teammates
- SQL and NoSQL experience
- Experience building robust public and private modern APIs– Zuul, GraphQL, REST, etc.
- You have built native apps, preferably using React Native
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines – specifically Jenkins
- You are familiar with test automation frameworks – Selenium, Junit, Jest
- You have made fundamental shifts in technological expertise within your career as you adapt to and embrace change