Senior Software Engineer
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You’ll be at the forefront of innovating and inventing how industries, from financial to enterprise, use mobile data to curate solutions for mobile identity authentication while, of course, enjoying a cold brew in the office, if that’s your style. We are actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small team designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, experience, and confidence to work with senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the Software Development team, the Senior Developer is expected to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Ensure designs comply with requirements, perform code reviews
- Work independently and own delivery of software features from Product to Production, develop project roadmap, engage with Product to define technical requirements and design, engage with IT/Ops to ensure software makes it out to production in a timely manner
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems
- Establish new and review existing coding standards
- Ability to react quickly to changing customer and business needs
- Able to lead projects and train more junior engineers
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Minimum of 1 years in a similar role for a tech startup
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Experience in developing JSON API frameworks highly preferred
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes a definite plus
- Experience with mobile development is a plus
In today's world, it takes a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud. The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York. Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.