Senior Software Engineer
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Senior Software Engineer on the HG Web Engineering team, you will collaborate with designers, developers and product managers to solve business challenges. As a member of the Swashbuckler squad, you will work on projects that attract and retain consumers through an engaging interface and strong brand impression. On the brink of a major AWS release, you will also be a critical driver and builder of new features as we expand our consumer account profile offerings.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, cross-functional squad dedicated to building and maintaining some of Healthgrades’ highest seen and valued projects. Apply today if you’d like to change the game for consumers looking to better choose, connect with and manage their healthcare.
What you will do:
- Design and develop new user-facing features for Healthgrades.com
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders in an agile development environment
- Receive and provide mentorship and code reviews for team members
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience building high traffic web applications
- Understanding of web-based technologies (CSS & HTML)
- Exposure to AWS products such as Lambda, API Gateway and/or Cognito
- Understanding of frontend testing tools such as Jest or Selenium
- Ability to contribute to a culture of communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Experience with Git, Webpack and Node.js
- Some familiarity with continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!