Senior Software Engineer (UI) at Envysion
Envysion, a leading provider of video-based SaaS technology solutions for retailers, including fast-casual restaurants, convenience stores and wireless dealers, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (UI). The Software Engineer (UI) will work on a small, agile team developing highly scalable, cloud-based applications that allow our customers to leverage our video and data platform. Envysion makes extensive use of AWS and HTML5 Video. Our engineers are actively delivering high-quality code, while continuously improving the development practice, product, and team.
- Actively participate in a fluid and collaborative environment with the ability to influence and change the direction of the product.
- Deliver high-quality integrated features composed of REST interfaces and React based web applications.
- Support cross-functional feature teams with UI architecture expertise.
- Provide technical and professional leadership as a Senior Engineer.
- Ensure feature and code quality by mentoring team members.
- Participate in the end-to-end delivery of software; from design, implementation to deployment automation, and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience developing commercial software applications.
- 4+ years experience developing modern web applications.
- 2+ years experience developing SPA in React.
- 2+ years working in a cloud-hosted environment.
- Strong knowledge of web standards.
- Strong Relational SQL skills with the ability to design and troubleshoot existing databases and queries.
- Ability to write high-quality functional tests that verify the soundness and performance of your code.
- Strong grasp of Agile principles and software best practices.
- Agility and comfort with changing requirements and frequent customer feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience monitoring SPA on the client side.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Serverless Application Development, Deployment and Monitoring.
- Experience working with web-based video, including HTTP-Live-Streaming (HLS), WebRTC and MP4.
Soft skills that will help you be successful in the role:
- You are a self-starter who enjoys tackling new problems and delivering innovative solutions.
- You like working closely with your team members in a fluid agile environment.
- You believe in the browser as a client application platform.
- You are energized by understanding the customer and delivering solutions.
- You understand the concepts of REST and resource-oriented architectures.
- You know the ins and outs of cross-browser client development.
- You feel a sense of pride in getting a story over the line.
- You like to jump in and feel comfortable in working on the whole stack.
Envysion is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.