Date: Feb 10, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80206
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the team:
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture. At VIZIO we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
You will define the experience of VIZIO SmartCast as it evolves into a cohesive smart home experience, leveraging new technologies and helping define core architecture.
What you will do:
- Help to nurture and grow a community of staff and engineers across VIZIO with similar interests and problems and work together to build company-wide competency in KMM.
- Collaborate across teams and business partners (stakeholders) including fellow Android and iOS engineers, Product Managers and Stakeholders.
- Help Andorid and iOS teams incrementally and effectively learn, adopt, and realize accelerative value from KMM.
- Taking ownership of releasing new features that delight our customers and being empowered to collaborate so your team can excel.
- Directly impacting the VIZIO SmartCast experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback in the new features you developed.
- Delivering features that are flexible, cost-effective, maintainable and long-lasting, at-scale.
- Help provide vision and understanding of the mobile platforms to external teams.
- Engage with the team to define and mold best practices and review emerging technologies.
- Managing systems in production and understands release process, monitoring, and debugging.
- Take ownership of the product and what you build – contribute to patterns and principals.
- You are a creative problem-solver who digs into root causes analytically, instead of relying on intuition.
- You have a BS degree or higher in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Min 2+ Years in Android Application Development.
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java used in large scale projects. Love Kotlin and looking to use Kotlin Multiplatform to consolidate codebases.
- Hands-on experience of iOS development is advantageous.
- Experience working with Kotlin Multiplatform/Flutter/Xamarin will be an added advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge of one of the build systems, dependency managers, and their operation principles (such as Gradle, Maven, Xcode, CocoaPods, NPM, etc.).
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles and Object-Oriented Programming Languages.
- Write clean, solid and testable code while keeping the user experience fast and reliable.
- Effective in working with developer communities, open-source projects. Have experience or like the idea of working with embedded devices.
- Experienced working in large codebases on multiple stacks, including at least one mobile platform.
- You’re experienced with cross-platform development, and you have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Hands-on experience on development using architecture patterns(MVI,MVVM,MVP), software design patterns, reactive frameworks and mutli-threaded environment.
- Build out CI/CD processes and infrastructure with the SDET team and dive deep into testing paradigms.
- You’re the person your team trusts with their secrets. You know how to be tactful and supportive.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell complex stories simply and adapt to questions, rather than just presenting information.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1
Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products
with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our
loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency,
outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for
any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered
our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $124,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.