Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A QA Release Automation Lead Engineer that likes being part of a team working closely to solve problems. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly-growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Salary and Benefits: We offer very competitive salaries and benefits, including unlimited PTO and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work, including sit/stand desks
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of snacks and drinks – if we don’t have something you’d like, we’ll get it for you
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO – we have an on-site workout room and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office with great views, and fantastic brews
We do ask that you are already local or are willing to relocate. If you like the outdoors, beer and no humidity, you'll love it here! But even if you don't like those things, there is plenty of other stuff to do. Check out what Fort Collins has to offer http://www.visitftcollins.com/
BillGO is looking for a motivated individual with a passion for solving complex problems to join our team. The QA Release Automation Lead Engineer is a unique position that would have a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Build and Oversee the Release Platform
- Own the application lifecycle and curate our CI/CD pipelines, coupling and/or decoupling as necessary (automation is highly preferred).
- Design and implement tooling targeted at simultaneously increasing developer velocity and reducing associated risks.
- Identify and Integrate various systems into the release platform including defect management systems, audit controls, and/or generation of release notes.
- Assess Software Performance
- Own the construction and quality of any requisite test (pre-prod) environments leveraged across teams used to validate releases.
- Identify and measure metrics related to development velocity, release cadences, and/or risk mitigation.
- Set Release Schedule
- Work with multiple teams to ensure all systems are regularly released, from baselined codebases and/or artifact repositories.
- Coordinate with multiple teams to define and implement change control processes and automation exist around database schemas, and public APIs.
- Assist Development Teams
- Be the go-to person for all questions related to software construction, packaging, versioning, and process automation.
- Engage with teams to ensure best practices are in place, have example implementations and are routinely followed.
- Respond constantly and aggressively to automated test and build issues.
- Interact release engineering and QE to debug and resolve identified issues.
- 8+ years of software release automation development experience
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance)
- Experience building effective test plans and test cases.
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience with test tools and SDKs (Jacoco, JUnit, Selenium, Karma, PhantomJS, Jest, Jasmine)
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD and software quality tools (Github, Gradle, Travis CI, Jenkins, Terraform, Sonar, SpotBugs, PMD, etc)
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related major with strong academic record
Recommended but not required:
- Experience in payments industry
- Experience with our tooling/tech stack
- Experience in small company environment
- Client facing work