Who We Are
Founded in 2010 and based in Boulder, CO, Sphero’s ongoing mission is to inspire tomorrow’s creators. We’re available in 80+ countries around the globe and have sold more than one million robots to date… and counting. Touted as “the best day of school” for kids, we aim to be all that and more as we continue to explore new technologies in the realm of creative play. We firmly believe that play is a powerful teacher, and as long as we're sparking imaginations around the world, we’ll keep fueling that fire.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
- Participate in the creative process from concept to creation!
- Mature the Sphero SDK and apps to enable internal and external app and game hacker/maker experiences with our robots.
- Work closely with software, firmware and hardware engineering teams to implement world-class robots and experiences.
- Lead innovative software development, and introduce development best practices and processes.
- Mentor mid-level and junior software engineers.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
You are a maker, creator, tinkerer, innovator, or the like, and want to influence the world of connected play and learning. You have a passion for learning and growing your technical skills (e.g. languages, platforms, patterns), as well as for mentoring other software engineers.
More specifically, you have:
- A minimum of 3+ years prior experience with TypeScript.
- A minimum of 1+ years prior experience with a cross-platform desktop framework such as Electron, and / or mobile cross-platform frameworks such as React Native or Ionic.
- Experience with Swagger, D3.js, Vue.js a plus.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Proven leadership abilities in the software engineering and agile development.
- Positive attitude and excitement about hardware and robotics.
- Great release estimation skills, with a proven ability to deliver on time.
- Strong collaborator, with an excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading within Agile and/or Scrum processes, with the ability to influence and help design development best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent skill set.
- Python, C# or native mobile development experience a plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth/Bluetooth LE communication protocol a plus.
- Experience with hardware and robotics or gaming software a plus.
- Experience working within a startup culture/company a plus.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.