We are building software products to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As a software engineer at VORTO you will help us define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction. Our customers love our product.
About the Role
Every member of the VORTO team is focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to build a solution.
You will work with a small, dedicated, and passionate team of engineers who are driven to revolutionize the supply chain. Your code will be used to manage the flow of thousands of drivers and trucks per day. Specifically, you will:
- Deeply learn our industry & user personas to successfully take ownership of features from idea to production
- Primarily design, build and maintain web applications (Angular / Typescript) and implement supporting server endpoints on an ad-hoc basis (in GoLang)
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure, maintainable, scalable, testable, and performant code
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on experience developing, implementing, and maintaining production codebases
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Angular
- Experience or desire to work with GoLang
- Experience with SQL
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you are building
- Put yourself in the shoes of your users to understand their needs to build great user experiences – from design to implementation
- Hold yourself and others to a higher standard when working with production systems
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered
- Modern office space in downtown Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.