Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Partner Platform Team under our Enterprise Org. to help accelerate growth through business model enablement and pricing innovation. This program builds all in-house integrations from Strategic-ATS to specific Channel ATS, the integration platform and all partner self service capabilities like OAuth & Checkr Direct. We’re looking for a passionate engineer who takes pride in driving new features from inception through release and is excited about tackling complex problems.
- Define, architect, and implement the critical financial infrastructure that powers Checkr’s business
- Monitor, investigate, triage, and resolve production issues as they arise for services owned by the team
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to design new product ideas
- Solve challenging and complex engineering and business problems
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby and/or Python.
- Cross org collaboration and close partnerships with leadership and product.
- Interest in building tools to help developers self-serve.
- An interest in scaling distributions without having the need to involve other teams.
- Experience integrating with enterprise applications
- Experience creating, maintaining, and operating microservices
- Experience in billing, payments, back office systems, or related fields
- Experience developing platforms built using an asynchronous event-based architecture
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $108,000 - $127,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.