ZOLL Data Systems, a division of ZOLL Medical Corporation, is a healthcare software solutions provider that empowers hospital, EMS and Fire, and billing/accounts receivable (AR) teams to deliver more—from better patient outcomes to operational efficiencies and greater revenue capture. Our business exists to help save more lives through data-driven innovation and interoperability, opening new pathways for our customers to achieve the highest levels of care, collaboration, and reimbursement.
You are an energetic, eager software engineer with knowledge of business applications based on Microsoft SQL Server, C++/MFC, and C#. As a Software Developer, you will be an active member of the cross-functional agile team supporting our Enterprise Dispatch and Billing application. You will be responsible for working on stories following best coding practices delivering high-quality code while meeting sprint commitments.
- Effectively participate in Agile ceremonies, review stories, and ask questions as needed
- Ownership and accountability for your code and story completion by delivering working software that meets acceptance criteria
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and meets production requirements and design specifications while anticipating potential errors/issues
- Ensure quality and test efficiencies by performing unit tests
- Collaborate with team members, including quality assurance and product owners to solve complex problems, code stories, etc.
- Stay up to date on the latest technical developments
- Provide support to Operations to resolve high priority customer issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Year for year of relevant experience can substitute for the degree.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer implementing customer-facing enterprise applications
- High level of proficiency with SQL and C++ programing language
- Proficiency in Windows services (troubleshooting and writing applicable code)
- Enthusiasm for troubleshooting and resolving defects in legacy code
- Able to remain calm and steadfast when working directly with Support and customers on high priority system issues
- Concise, clear, and open communicator
- Creative and resourceful when it comes to problem-solving
- Accountable and passionate collaborator, seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, regression, and performance)
- Proficiency using AWS EC2 Instances
- Familiarity with Atlassian products including JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- TeamCity or other CI/CD experience
- Proven track record of completing projects, tasks with supporting metrics
- Experience with COM, C++/CLI, MFC/C#/.NET environment
- Experience developing software with HIPAA, Protected Health Information (PHI) requirements, or other highly regulated industry
The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $120,000 annually. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and location.
Perks & Benefits
ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contributions and hard work. Additionally, we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service, social events, and much more! ?Our benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts, STD/LTD, Paid Time Off, and tuition assistance.
ZOLL appreciates and values diversity.? We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
ADA: ZOLL will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.