Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Beatport is responsible for the digital accessibility of electronic music and its associated culture. We have built the largest electronic music store in the world; standing atop a colossal catalogue of inventory, containing millions of tracks catering to the tastes of over a million weekly users from around the globe. And that is just the beginning.
We are looking to hire driven and talented Senior Back End Engineer who will raise the bar for our team, helping us create innovative products for our customers. Ideal candidates have a strong background in Python, REST API development, writing highly scalable code, and Google Cloud Platform experience.
This is a high impact role on a small, agile team.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
You will have
- Demonstrable proficiency with Python with dedication to writing clean understandable and testable code
- Knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django or Flask
- Extensive experience building scalable public APIs and a deep understanding of REST
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Strong background using Test Driven Development practices
- Ability to resolve complex software issues
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- A proven Python developer with experience in a production level environment
- Interested in mentoring and teaching our junior engineers
- A strong communicator that can confidently contribute to shaping the culture of the dev team
- Continuously improving software engineering practices
- A purpose driven, problem solver with a tremendous thirst for learning
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Passionate about electronic music and culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat.
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office. We hire people who love what they do, and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.